12.22.2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in an overwhelming baking mood today, so I decided to try a new recipe. These are by far the BEST chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! While I must confess it came off the chocolate chips package (with some modification by me), I was able to use all organic ingredients.

1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. In medium mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and egg, and beat on low speed. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended. Add chocolate chips and stir well. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!

This recipe makes about 15 2-inch cookies.

Note: You can also add 1/2 cup chopped nuts if desired.

No comments: