10.06.2008

Could the end times be near?

I accidentally happened upon this video tonight, and I am troubled by it. On one hand, I am so thankful I found it so I can prepare, but on the other hand, I almost wish I were more naive and trusting, because it is frightening how close this is to becoming reality. Most people are familiar with pet microchips. For some reason, I have always been hesitant to use them, and therefore never have. Call me crazy, but I just couldn't help but wonder if it was getting a little too close to the "mark of the beast." I didn't want to support science going in that direction. My dad always warned me that the predictions of the Bible would be introduced to the world gradually by the master thief (Satan), and they would sound good. If they didn't, no one would agree to them. I have always felt so silly about avoiding something as silly as a microchip for my dog, but not anymore. The video starts out discussing microchipping livestock. Even if you aren't interested in that though, continue watching. I hope you will be as aware as I feel about what this could mean for us as humans, individuals, families, communities, nations, and specifically as Christians. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QC-s5uYzk

And if you have trouble believing this video, just google verichip.

2 comments:

Melonie said...

I read about this awhile back in (I think it was) Consumer Reports of all places. Scary, indeed! But very exciting at the same time...anything pointing to the nearing return of Jesus thrills me!

Red Gate said...

I had heard rumor, but after reading the verichip website, I was just shocked for some reason. As you said, it is indeed exciting to know that Christ's return is nearing, but my heart is so troubled for those whose time is running short. It seems like we have so much work left to do!