2.02.2009

Still waiting.....

I am still in N's birth-state, and hoping I can leave soon. I am so thankful to have been able to come stay with my brother. He had to work for the last 24 hours, so my sis-in-law and I have been re-decorating the house. Since she is 7 months pregnant, she is loving the idea of getting the house all in order and prepared for the new baby's arrival. Since she will be having a c-section, we were also able to get a few things done that she won't be able to do for a while. She is loving the new look and feel, and hopes he does too.

I got a treat this morning when I hooked my brother's computer camera up to a new system. I called a friend with the same software to test it out, and it turns out she was watching my other kids today. So we all got to chat on the computer video. I got to see them, and they all got to see me and their new brother, which was just wonderful.

Little N is doing great. He has almost doubled the amount he eats, from 2 ounces a feeding to about 3 1/2. I am convinced he is growing, but maybe I am just getting used to his size finally. It has been interesting going in public with him. I keep him pretty covered up to help prevent total strangers from touching him or possibly exposing him to viruses before we get home. It is actually pretty funny to see the double takes and surprised looks on people's faces when I peel the blanket back and they see a little black baby instead of the white baby they were expecting. It will probably get old after a while, but I think it is kind of entertaining at the moment.

I have had fun spending time alone with N, hanging out with my brother and sis-in-law and their daughter, but I am sooooo ready to go home. JR was sick and running a fever yesterday. On one hand, I am relieved N wasn't exposed to him, but on the other hand, I wasn't there to be mommy and hold him when he wasn't feeling well. I am so thankful and fortunate to have a wonderful husband that I can fully trust to take over for me. It has been such a relief knowing they are still being loved, cared for, and the house kept in order while I am away. He has done all the laundry, washed the sheets, made baby preparations that hadn't been done, and he has even grocery shopped and cooked a few extra meals to freeze for after I return. He does need to get back to work though, so please pray that ICPC goes through and we get approval soon.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Still praying! So happy you got to see and hear your other children today. And I enjoyed your comment about the double takes you're getting in public - how funny!