Here is the recipe we concocted:
- 1 Chicken carcass per 4 quarts water
- Giblets, if desired (they will make the broth much stronger!)
- Desired amounts of vegetables such as carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, etc.
- Desired amounts of herbs such as parsley, bay leaves, etc.
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper per 4 quarts
This picture shows our yield of about 8 quarts of broth (divided into needed portions to either freeze or use tomorrow), and a bowl of chicken and veggies for soup. YUM!! As a side note, S quickly tired of munching on the cooked giblets, so I gave them to Will. Mind you, this is a dog who NEVER gets people food, and rarely gets any hand-fed treats. That dog was in absolute HEAVEN!!!