9.07.2008

Deeper Still

I spent the weekend at a Christian Woman's conference. The speakers included Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and Priscilla Shirer. Just try to imagine these 3 ladies and Christian mentors together in one room. All I can say is WOW!!! I hadn't heard of Priscilla before, but she is a riot! She is very down-to-earth and comical, and watching her animatedly bounce around that stage at 8 months pregnant was incredibly entertaining! Kay and Beth were very different than I expected, with Kay being the most loving, wise, and spiritual person. Beth, likewise, was incredibly passionate in everything she discussed, and she came from quite a different background than I expected.

There is no way to describe what occurred this weekend, so I will not even commit such an injustice. I will however say that if you EVER get an opportunity to attend one of their conferences (they are now touring the country, with dates already set through 2009), GO!!! Do whatever it takes to save up and GO!! It could be one of the most life-changing decisions you make (next to becoming a Christian, of course!). Also, if you do go, be prepared to laugh, cry, and worship like you never have before. You can truly see God working.

No comments: